What Is Arthritis – healthysi.com
Arthritis means inflammation of the joints. Arthritis can occur in people of all ages. The breakdown of cartilage can be from any number of reasons, including injury, heredity or disease. Osteoarthritis, the most common form, becomes more prevalent with age, however people of all ages can be affected by different types of arthritis.
The symptoms of arthritis usually develop over time, but they may also appear suddenly. Arthritis is most commonly seen in adults over the age of 65, but it can also develop in children, teens, and younger adults. Arthritis is more common in women than men and in people who are overweight.
- There are more than 100 different forms of arthritis and related diseases.
- The most common comorbid condition with arthritis is heart disease.
- Pain can also come from parts of your joint other than the cartilage, such as bone, synovium.
- Arthritis can affect a person’s ability to perform daily routines work.
Types of Arthritis
The three most common arthirities are explained below.
- Joints are overused in Osteoarthritis
- it can also come from joint injuries, which puts extra stress on your joints.
- The intensity of Osteoarthritis pain varies from person to person and can range from mild to severe.
- You lose your body’s shock absorb er.
- The damaged cartilage makes movement painful
- Joint will be Warm to the touch.
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Immune system attacks body parts especially the joints.
- Which result it damage to your joints.
- It becomes overactive and attacks healthy tissue.
- The immune system normally protects a person from viruses, bacteria and other invaders.
- Who have RA they get lumps on the skin
- This always forms over joint areas that receive pressure, such as elbows, or heels.
- After some time, you may notice more of your joints feel warm or become painful.
- Autoimmune inflammatory disease attacks the body immune system, causing inflammation and pain.
- It usually affects the tips of the elbows and knees, the scalp, the navel, and skin around the genital areas.
- PsA mostly found in age between 30 -50 years.
- Fingers and toes becomes swelled in PsA