Strep Throat: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Strep Throat is a bacterial infection that can cause pharynx, that is, pharynx swelling. Strap bacteria make their way through mouth and nose to the throat and cause infections. That is, the straps are caused by bacteria and the throat is due to viral infection.
Strep throat is a transition of throat from the straps bacteria in a way. This bacterium spreads through liquid droplets falling from the nose or throat of a person suffering from strep.
It spreads very rapidly during the winter season. When people live together It can affect the self-resting person after staying with a person suffering from Strep throat for 2 to 7 days.
Causes of Strep throat
- Strep throat is a disease that can cause swelling in the throat.
- Strep throat disease is caused by bacteria called a beta-hemolytic streptococcus group.
- Strep Throat is mainly an infectious disease.
- The transition from infected person to sneezing, spitting etc. easily goes into other people.
- Apart from this, the bacteria can enter the body of a healthy person even after eating the patient’s juices and drinking something from a single vessel.
- This disease can occur to all children, adolescents and adults.
- People who have this disease do not take antibiotics for one to two days until they continue to develop the risk of infection.
Symptoms of strep throat
- Fever at 100.5 ° F or 38 ° C
- Throat pain
- Difficulty swallowing
- Swelling in the neck
- Respiratory distress
- Pain in the body
- Do not get hungry
- stomach ache
- The back of the tonsill and throat can appear red or swollen and may contain points of white or yellow spots of pus. Certain number of stroke infections can cause a particular disorder that causes a bright red skin over your body.
Treatments of strep throat
- Warm water gurgling with salt added as a disinfectant works wonderfully in deactivating the harmful bacteria. Usually half tea spoon of salt may be added to a cup full of warm water.
- Drinking warm liquid particularly lemon tea with a dash of honey is an excellent home remedial option. Certain herbal brands of tea with their analgesic property also help to energize and reduce the intensity of pain and headache.
- Sucking Popsicle may help to sooth irritation and discomfort in throat.
- Humidifiers and cool vaporizers may also induce a pleasant sensation.
- Candies and lozenges may also help counteract the painful feeling.
- A jelly comprising gelatin, fruit juice and honey may be prepared at home. Gulping down a spoonful of the resulting mixture serves to bring instant relief.
- In case you have lost your voice on account of the bacterial infection, a spoonful of sunflower oil serves to reduce soreness apart from ensuring your vocal ability. In fact in order to reduce the occurrence of sore throat sunflower oil is an effective preventive means.
- Chewing the naturally sweet stems of angelica may help alleviate painfulness.
- In fact, naturally made oils of lime, thyme and geranium may be diluted in olive oil for external application of the same to the painful throat. Having the throat covered thereafter will be magically relieving.
- Sometimes application of liquid herbs on the affected throat also proves to be relieving.
- Garlic with its anti biotic nature helps the system to fight against the bacterial infection.
- Similarly sage with its anti inflammatory qualities may be taken either as tablet or as tincture to reduce pain and swelling.
- Warm baths or sponging help to reduce irritation and counter inflammation caused in lymph nodes.
- Either excessively warm or its other extreme should be avoided in case of an infected throat.
- Preferably the ones soft in texture and moderate in temperature should be had.